Glass Fibre and Composites
Binani Industries Ltd. is a leader in the fibreglass and composites industry with a global business in manufacturing and supply of fibreglass and related products.
Fibreglass or glass-reinforced plastic is used to manufacture composites, which are widely used in the market today to replace steel, aluminium and other lower strength plastics. Composite materials find their uses in various industries, such as aerospace, automobiles, transportation, energy, infrastructure, construction, electrical insulation, telecommunication, medical equipment, and sports due to its low cost, ready availability, excellent strength, and durability.
Binani Industries Ltd. was quick to assess the potential of the fibreglass market and to establish a strong foothold in this sector. Using a combination of organic growth from its own fibreglass and composites manufacturing units and strategic acquisitions of leading companies in this field, Binani Industries has established a comprehensive product line as a glass fibre manufacturer with four manufacturing centers in Europe, India and USA, all of which are wholly owned subsidiaries of Binani Industries Ltd.
- Binani 3B- The Fibreglass Company, 3B- The Fibreglass Company, is a global developer and supplier of fibreglass products and technologies for the reinforcement of thermoplastics and thermosets. Headquartered in Battice, Belgium, it has a rich legacy and expertise in research, innovation and development of fibreglass products and composite solutions. 3B uses state-of-the-art manufacturing processes and produces environment-friendly products with a very low carbon footprint. 3B’s business strategy is focused on three key segments:
- Wind Energy
- Performance composite applications for which 3B offers unique attributes such as pressure vessels, ballistic protective armour, pipe rehabilitation, leaf springs and electrical insulators
- Binani 3B- The Fibreglass Company,Goa,India , produces and exports high-grade glass fibre to 26 countries across five continents. Located in Goa, India, it uses an innovative technology for glass melting, which helps save fuel, and reduces emission of combustive gases into the atmosphere.
- BT Composites Limited, is a forward integration project that transforms glass fibre into value added composites. BT Composites manufactures glass reinforced plastics that are used to produce SMC (Sheet Moulding Compounds) and DMC (Dough Moulding Compounds) products for water storage, electrical and industrial sectors such as water tank panels, meter boxes, and electrical sheets.
- CPI Binani Inc, is a leading manufacturer of long fibre thermoplastic composite materials for medical, construction, electronics, agriculture, recreation, industrial, appliances, automotive, and furniture industries. The Braj Binani Group signed a merger agreement with USA based Composite Products, Inc. (CPI) to gain access state-of-the-art technology and products for its glass fibre and composites business. CPI Inc. has several patents to its name. CPI Binani Inc. uses in-line compounding processes and molding of thermoplastics, which is very cost-effective
The Road Ahead:
With an increase in the usage of composites in different industries, the demand for composites is increasing globally, which puts Binani Industries Limited in a strategic position for growth.